- 225g self raising flour (or mix half wholemeal and half white flour for a healthier version)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75g melted butter
- 175ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- Approx 200g fresh or dried fruit, chopped
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Golden Syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix to get rid of most of the lumps.
- Mix in the fruit of your choice, split between 12 muffin cases and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
Tip: The cooked muffins freeze well for up to 1 month